- Mexico made it to Natal, the city where they will play their opening game against Cameroon. It took the team about seven hours from hotel to hotel but they were greeted by fans at their final destination.
- The federation reported that there were spies from enemy camps watching a training session.
- Brazil trained at the Arena de Sao Paolo in preparation of the opening match against Croatia.
- Jean Makoun sees the game against Mexico as a six point game. He also says that Cameroon will fight for second place in the group against Mexico and Croatia as first place is Brazil’s.
- Niko Kovac sees a point against Brazil as a positive take away from the opening match.