- Colombian referee Wilmar Roldán will be in charge of Mexico’s opening game against Cameroon. According to the Latin Times, he has been named “Best South American Referee” by Uruguayan newspaper “El Pais.”
- According to Mexican media, the starting XI squad at training once again had Ochoa as the main goalkeeper, though Herrera says there are still surprises coming up.
- Brazil arrived at their Sao Paolo base previous to the opening game.
- Our condolences to Felipe Scolari who lost a nephew today due to a road accident.
- Volker Finke, Cameroon’s manager, commented that his team have analyzed Mexico for their first game.
- Ivan Mocinic has left the squad due to an ankle injury that will take 2-3 weeks to recover. The 21-year-old will be replaced by Milan Badelj, FIFA permitting.