- Piojo Herrera is just about done with his European trip. He will have his last stop in Portugal to visit Hector Herrera and Diego Reyes.
- Piojo Herrera has confirmed that Guillermo Ochoa will be called for the Nigeria friendly in March.
- Mexico is still in talks for some World Cup preparation games. Portugal is almost a done deal for a June match, and the United States is in negotiation for a non-FIFA date in April. Portugal has been rumored for a Massachusetts location, and the U.S. game in Arizona.
- Many feel Chicharito wants out of Manchester United (again) after a recent Instagram picture/quote has stirred up some attention:
Ya llegará el tiempo de hablar sobre muchas cosas… The time to speak about so many things will come…
- Tijuana, Cruz Azul, Toluca will seek to keep the Liga MX run in CONCACAF Champions League going in March. Knockout round begins on March 10th, here are the match-ups: Tijuana (3) vs LA Galaxy (6), Toluca (1) vs San Jose Earthquakes (8), Cruz Azul (2) vs Sporting Kansas City (7).