- Mexico’s friendly against South Korea (January 29) is to record over 30,000 in attendance at the Alamodome.
- Mexico’s Colombia friendly has been cancelled. Now, Nigeria will face Mexico in Atlanta on March 5th. Ecuador has also agreed on a match in May at the Cowboys stadium. Reports claim Colombia denied the friendly with Mexico and that other big name nations may have done the same.
- Reports claim Piojo Herrera was impressed with Carlos Fierro of Chivas. Some believe Fierro will be a surprise call up for the South Korea match.
- Nothing confirmed yet, but Mexico may face Portugal for their preparation toward Brazil 2014. New York/New Jersey has been the rumored location if the game is confirmed.
- Valencia has expressed an interest in Chicharito once again. Ever Banega is set to leave the club, and Chicharito is a target to fill the vacant spot.