- After their 4-2 win over New Zealand, Mexico became the 31st team to claim a spot to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Mexico won the aggregate 9-3.
- The FMF and Club owners will meet on December 2nd to determine who will coach Mexico in 2014.
- Mexico is searching for opponents to open up the road to Brazil 2014. First up looks to be the Korean Republic in January (San Antonio, Texas).
- Carlos Vela became the first Mexican to score 4 goals (in a game) in Europe. Giovani dos Santos recently spoke about Vela’s return to El Tri. Miguel Herrera also added he will look to speak with Vela if he remains Mexico’s coach in 2014.
- The World Cup group draw will be done on December 6th. Here is how the pots look:
Pot 1: Brazil (Host), Uruguay, Spain, Colombia, Belgium, Germany, Argentina, Switzerland
Pot 2: Japan, Iran, Korea Republic, United States, Honduras, Costa Rica, Australia, Mexico
Pot 3: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador, France
Pot 4: Italy, Netherlands, England, Portugal, Greece, Bosnia, Croatia, Russia