- Hugo Ayala has been called to replace Hiram Mier. Mier has a knee injury and will be out of action for 5-7 months.
- Jonathan dos Santos has started path to recovery after injuring knee. He too will be out 5-7 months.
- Piojo Herrera has made it official that he will stick will a purely Liga MX side against New Zealand. Mexico plays New Zealand on November 13th in Estadio Azteca.
- Mexico’s U17 continues to shine. After being drubbed in their first match against Nigeria, the youngsters have gone undefeated. In the knockout rounds they defeated Italy, Brazil (on penalties), and routed Argentina, 3-0. Mexico is fortunate to not accumulate any injuries as the Argentinians played very physical, even receiving two red cards in the match.
- Mexico will try to exact revenge on Nigeria in the U17 World Cup final on Friday.