- Copa Libertadores update: Club Tijuana continues their run by advancing out of group stages. They collected a draw on the road against San José of Bolivia. Toluca had a very poor showing in this years cup. They were routed 4-0 by Uruguay’s Nacional. Toluca will not advance, claiming third in their group.
- Both Monterrey and Santos both won their CONCACAF Champions league games. Santos got a 1-0 victory over Seattle on the road, with a late goal by Herculez Gomez. Monterrey came back to beat the LA Galaxy with a final of 2-1. Goals came from Chupete Suazo and Aldo de Nigris. Santos Laguna will return home to play Seattle on April 9th for the second leg of the semifinals. Monterrey will play LA at home in Mexico on April 10th.
- Chivas youngsters and Mexican nationals Marco Fabián and Chaton Enriquez suffered injuries during last weeks match against Club América. Fabián was taken off with an ankle injury, and should be out for 2-3 weeks. Chaton suffered an ugly knee dislocation. Thankfully no serious damage was done, and he may be able to return within a month.
- Mexico will face Peru on April 17 in a Non-FIFA date friendly. All players called will be from Liga MX. We will give you the roster call ups once they are released for the game. Who do you think deserves a a spot against Peru?
- The CONCACAF has decided to change the format of the Gold cup. Now the winner of the 2013 and 2015 versions will have a playoff to see who will represent the region in the 2017 Confederations cup (Russia).
- Mexico’s U-17 opened World cup qualification with a monstrous 5-1 drubbing of Cuba. Mexico is in group D with Cuba and Honduras. Their next match will be on April 11against the Hondurans.
- Lastly, our friends at Pancho Villa’s army continue to make strides in fan networking. Many chapters/veiwing parties have already been set up around the country. A Los Angeles chapter in currently in the works. You can follow PVA on facebook at www.facebook.com/PanchoVillasArmy and on twitter @VillasArmy.