- Mexico will play in the 2013 Toulon Tournament. They are in group B with France, Portugal, and Nigeria. Mexico is the defending champion.
- 2013 U-17 CONCACAF WCQ will begin on April 7th for El Tri. Mexico is in group D with Cuba and Honduras.
- Tijuana continues to make history. They defeated Millionarios (Colombia) on the road, as well as a major victory today over world champion Corinthians (Brazil) in the Copa Libertadores. Los Xolos remain undefeated (3 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses) in the tournament.
- Toluca failed to make an impact, as they tied Barcelona (Ecuador) 1-1. They were defeated in the previous game to Nacional (Uruguay) at home.
- Mexico was thought to meet in Houston against Turkey. However, the game was not never confirmed. Mexico will now face Nigeria in Houston on May 31st. The match will be more interesting, because both teams will be in the 2013 Confederations cup.
- ESPN has announced they will show select Liga MX games in english.
- Richard Sánchez, Francisco Flores, Bernardo Hernandez, Hedgardo Marín, Antonio Briseño, and Jose Carlos Van Rankin were added to the 2013 CONCACAF U-20 “Team of the tournament.” Jésus Corona was not added, although he was easily Mexico’s most explosive player. Captain, Antonio Briseño, was named MVP of the tournament.