Jose ‘Chepo’ de la Torre made his final call for the players that will face Costa Rica in the upcoming qualifiers.
1. Jesús Corona (Cruz Azul)
2. Alfredo Talavera (Toluca)
3. Guillermo Ochoa (Ajaccio)
4. Severo Meza (Monterrey)
5. Israel Jiménez (Tigres)
6. Francisco Javier Rodríguez (Stuttgart)
7. Héctor Moreno (RCD Espanyol de Barcelona)
8. Hugo Ayala (Tigres)
9. Hiram Mier (Monterrey)
10. Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres)
11. Darvin Chávez (Monterrey)
12. Carlos Salcido (Tigres)
13. Jesús Zavala (Monterrey)
14. Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul)
15. Pablo Barrera (Cruz Azul)
16. Elías Hernández (Tigres)
17. Javier Aquino (Cruz Azul)
18. Andrés Guardado (Valencia C.F.)
19. Ángel Reyna (Monterrey)
20. Oribe Peralta (Santos)
21. Marco Fabián (Guadalajara)
22. Javier Hernández (Manchester United)
23. Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey)
Giovani Dos Santos was previously called up along with the other Europe based players, but he was dropped from the list because of injury.
Gerardo Torrado makes a return to the national team after a long absence.
A few of the Olympic gold medalists were also called to the senior national team.
Carlos Vela and Jonathan Dos Santos once again were left off the national team list.
Mexico will face Costa Rica in San Jose on September 7 and again in the return leg in Mexico City on September 11.
With information from Femexfut.org.mx